Kernel Error

• When i start to install AA the following error appears:

1: Failed to install ISKernel Files.

Make Sure you have approperiate privileges on this machine?

I dont understand this message. Why i should not have the rights to install it? Im the only user on the machine. Im using Vista Home Premium with newest Hardware!

Pls Advise!

br

Riks

• So, what happens when you run it as an admin and it doesn't even load and just freezes the screen? What else can we do?

While it may looked like it has frozen, it's still performing tasks in the background. Just let it run and do it's thing, the installer will start responding again when it's ready (might take up to 45 minutes - depends on how fast the pc is)

• Alright, so I clicked it and let it run all night as I went to bed to see what would happen in the morning, and all it did was freeze. The screen doesn't even show up, it just freezes the screen I saved the downloader to.

• DirectX Diagnostics (DXDiag) and Process List Request Prompt

Please include a DirectX Diagnostics (DXDiag) report of your computer. If you do not know how to obtain this report, please follow the steps listed below:

• To start the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the field provided then click OK.

Wait for the tool to obtain the necessary information. Click Save All Information and save the information to your desktop or somewhere that is easily accessible.

Open the text file you just saved using Notepad or Wordpad and Select All. Then, Copy & Paste the contents of that file into an America's Army forum reply, and await a response. We do understand that these reports may be rather extensive or large.

• thanks for the help!
    I was just browsing for a solution and got america's army to work on my vista thanks to you Major Winters... turns out all you have to do is update your IKernel and run the setup as an administrator.

• this is my problem?? how do maker???

Build AmericasArmy[BuildDate:12-14-06_BuildVersion:2.8.0]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3203 MHz with 447MB RAM
    Video: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP (330)

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

• this is my problem....Please helpy my, becouse a im not untertand inglsh good

Build AmericasArmy[BuildDate:12-14-06_BuildVersion:2.8.0]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3203 MHz with 447MB RAM
    Video: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP (330)

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
    p

• Normally we don't give support for AA here but I'll make an exception.

The graphics chip in your PC is not supported by AA so it may simply not work but you can try this:

Uninstall the current version
    Download and install: http://k2-solutions.eu/forum/index.php?page=DownloadDBData&dataID=5
    When it's installed click "Downloads"
    Download AA 2.8.3 and install it
    Download AA 2.8.3.1 patch and install it
    See if the game works.