Repair installation never starts to download the files.

• I do "Repair Installation" and it find files that are corrupted. After that it never starts to download files. Am I supposed to press on something or is it looking for more files to fix? Please help!

?(

• Are you running the latest version of AAUP (0.5.4.0)?
    Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and open task manager when repair is running, do you see a process called AA_Utility_FileDownloader.exe?
    Make sure your firewall isn't blocking AAUP, both AALogReader.exe and AA_Utility_FileDownloader.exe need full internet access.

• Rverything is ok except the taskmanager thing. I see "America's Army Utility Package - [Repair Installation] while it's running installation.

• I have the same problem. I checked taskmanager and processes: AA_Utility_fileDownloader.exe and AALogReader.exe are there. Also checked firewall. Both processes are granted access. No luck. Then I switched firewall off. Still not working. AAUP won't start the downloading.

• McAfee. If went to the advanced section of McAfee for the firewall, I granted inbound and outbound traffic for the two earlier mentioned processes, plus for the program itself.

And what I don't understand is that I did a completely new download of AA, and removed the old one. But maybe thats got nothing to do with it...

Also FYI all parts of AAUP have the possibility of closing the program with the X on the upper right, except for the Repair Installation page once it ran and gotstuck.

• Even if we get AAUP downloading there's still one more problem :wacko: . This is an error I get when AAUP is checking files for repair installation.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click on Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path ‘C:\Program Files\America’s Army\Maps\Bridge.aao’ is denied.

I can also press details and this is what I get.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\America's Army\Maps\Bridge.aao' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

at AA_Utility_FileDownloader.WebFileDownloader.DownloadFileWithProgress(String URL, String Location)

at AA_Utility_FileDownloader.Form1.Timer2_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

AA_Utility_FileDownloader

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Eilam%20Adler/Local%20Settings/Apps/2.0/23T9N9M6.0OB/8MK1X4XL.ON4/aalo..tion_eb787c7e256950f2_0000.0005_9c89ec97ca972792/tools/AA_Utility_FileDownloader.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

Tell me what's up if you can. I'm gonna try downloading AA and again (sigh).

Thanks and bye.

• Hmmm, info I forgot to give that I also had a problem during the file check, just like "In need of help" Above, Only I had the message for:

File C:\Program Files\America's Army\Maps\SFDockside.aao is corrupted. Adding file to download queue.

The details of the box then show (and I pressed continue after copy/pasting the details):

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\America's Army\Maps\SFDockside.aao' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
    at AA_Utility_FileDownloader.WebFileDownloader.DownloadFileWithProgress(String URL, String Location)
    at AA_Utility_FileDownloader.Form1.Timer2_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    AA_Utility_FileDownloader
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Joost%20Bruijn/Local%20Settings/Apps/2.0/BXECRRY2.RY1/WHY2N0RC.VWC/aalo..tion_eb787c7e256950f2_0000.0005_9c89ec97ca972792/tools/AA_Utility_FileDownloader.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I did do a reinstall of AAUP, AA was closed, and McAfee still allows full access for:
    AA_Utility_FileDownloader.exe
    AALogReader.exe
    ArmyOps.exe
    AALoader.exe

So maybe the not working of the downloading of AAUP has to do with the above mentioned fault.

What I think is strange is that all the below files are incorrect or missing, when I downloaded a new full install of America's Army...

File C:\Program Files\America's Army\Maps\SFDockside.aao is corrupted. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\AAEditor.exe is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\BugReport.exe is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\Distribution.ini is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\DynamicContent\NML\Cache.ini is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\DynamicContent\NML\x_credits_additional.nml is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\DynamicContent\NML\x_deployment_uc_mission.nml is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\DynamicContent\NML\x_instantaction_ES2.nml is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\DynamicContent\NML\x_login_post.nml is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\DynamicContent\NML\x_rbrief_news.nml is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\DynamicContent\NML\x_support_services.nml is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\pb\pbcl.dll is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\pbsetup\pbsetup.exe is missing. Adding file to download queue.
    File C:\Program Files\America's Army\System\Save\UserName.txt is missing. Adding file to download queue.

What I'll try to do first is find the SFDockside.aao file online and replace it. I'll keep u updated. Thnx for thinking about all this AA stuff!

• Ok now we probably know what is going on, by the looks of it the component that downloads and replaces the files is crashing because NTFS permissions are set incorrectly on your America's Army files.

Go to your America's Army folder, right click on it, choose properties -> Security
    Make sure the users "Administrators", "System" and your own windows user account have Full control over the directory.

If you want to download some files manually: http://downloads.k2-solutions.eu/AmericasArmy/missing/ (don't give out the link)

• Solved!!!

Found the SFDockside file on Filefront.com with Google. Replaced it manually in the AA Maps folder. Reran AAUP. Now it worked fine. Then updated AA to version 2.8.3.1 with no problems.

Sorry and thanks for the help (and I know where the PayPal donation button is :-) )

• Glad you got it working, now I also know it's a problem with file permissions. The next update of AAUP will show a clear error message in case this problem occurs with steps on how to resolve it.

Donations are very much apprectiated, if you choose to donate be sure to include if you want your name/username listed on the dontaions page.